- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Persons as well as Socioeconomic Standing
- Philippine Head of state Duterte claims he ‘made use of to be gay’ before he ‘healed’ himself
- Why is the Philippines so gay pleasant?
- Is the Philippines actually Asia’s the majority of gay-friendly nation?
- Introduce Of LGBTI-Inclusive Barangays In Quezon City, Philippines
- Will Duterte Aid Win the Fight for Gay Civil Liberties in the Philippines?
- Q&A: The Fight for Gay Legal Rights in the Philippines
- Gay Rights in the Philippines
- Duterte Opposes Gay Marital Relationship in Philippines, Reversing Campaign Pledge
The Philippines: Acceptance of Gays in the Military does not Mean Equality (Yet)
Ernesto Torres, representative of the Army of the Philippines (AFP), just recently invited gay guys and also lesbians to join the Philippine Military. 1 Torres highlighted that providing level playing field to potential soldiers proves the Philippines has no tolerance for discrimination within the army ranks. While the growth can be seen as a little accomplishment for gay men and lesbians in the Philippines, it falls short of complete equality. Torres highlighted that all armed forces workers must stick to the Military’s Code of Ethics as well as observe appropriate decorum. According to these policies, freely gay guys and lesbians and also those that cross-dress can be dishonorably discharged. As soon as inside the military, gays and lesbians need to therefore ‘conceal’ their sexuality in order to remain there.